Studying at university requires you to think, write and demonstrate your knowledge in new and challenging ways. You are required to complete more independent learning, and you will need new skills to manage your study, personal and work commitments. English might be your second language, or you might have to learn new scientific or technical vocabulary.
The Academic Skills team is here to assist students to develop these new skills. There is support available through workshops and individual tutorials that will help you succeed in your degree.
You can make an appointment to see an Academic Skills Adviser through the Student Advising System, or view the various services provided by Academic Skills.
If you're Melbourne Uni student looking for academic resources...
- Join the Academic Skills Hub. This is an online community in the LMS only for University of Melbourne students that includes modules, videos, flyers and an anonymous Q&A forum.
- Starting uni? Take the Ready to Study Module. It's a fully online adaptive module that takes you through a simulation of a semester and gives you feedback along the way.
- Check out our flyers. These are short 1 or 2 page tip sheets that cover everything from how to reference, to active learning strategies and writing tips.
- Check out our YouTube channel. We have over 70 short videos on a range of skills. All produced for you.
- Follow us on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter). It's a great way know about special events or new resources
- Sign up for Academic Skills workshops. These are short interactive sessions where you can learn and try new skills. Workshops run throughout the semester.