PhD Scholarship Opportunity - ARC Centre for Personalised Therapeutics Technologies
The ARC Centre for Personalised Therapeutics Technologies (Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics) is currently seeking expressions of interest from outstanding students for multiple PhD scholarship opportunities.
For eligibility and application information, visit the CPTT website.
Applications close: Monday 31 December 2018
The Centre aims to develop breakthrough enabling technology for new industrial applications of organ-on-a-chip technology, including the use of 3D bioprinting technologies. PhD students will research the use and development of
- microfluidics evironments;
- real-time cell/organoid assay technologies, and/or bioprinting to generate novel tools for therapeutic discovery and development.
The selected PhD candidates will
- be co-supervised by Industry and University based supervisors (Prof Alastair Steward & A/Prof Alice Pebày)
- participate in an entrepreneurship-focused training programme running in parallel to their PhD research.
This programme will cover
- intellectual property,
- project management,
- regulatory environments,
- funding models
and will include access to highly qualified industry-based mentors.
About the ARC Centre for Personalised Therapeutics Technologies
The ARC Industry Transformation Training Centre is a 5-year National/International collaboration with nodes at Monash University and the University of Western Australia. The Centre has 15 Industry based partners,
- is strongly aligned to the goals of industry/sector body growth,
- MTPConnect, and
- collaborates with Accelerate Australia in experiential entrepreneurship training and mentorship.