In the Media: highlights from Microbiology and Immunology
Our experts from the Dept of Microbiology & Immunology and the Doherty Institute have been at the forefront of COVID-19 breakthrough research and commentary. Catch up on the highlights here.
- Dale Godfrey spoke to the Herald Sun on the Federal Government's budget assumption that a COVID-19 vaccine will be available by the end of 2021.
- Kanta Subbarao was interviewed for The Smithsonian about COVID-19 and the flu season in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Damian Purcell was interviewed by The South China Morning Post regarding vaccine developments including the elderly in trial cohorts.
- Ian Barr was interviewed by KBS World Radio (listen at 9:54), an English news affairs program in South Korea about the interaction of the flu and COVID-19.
- Deborah Williamson and colleagues had their piece on antigen testing republished in ABC News. Deborah was also quoted in The Age and The Guardian discussing antigen tests.
- Katherine Kedzierska’s group had their research on immune cells responses in COVID-19 patients published in PNAS. Read the Doherty Institute's media release here.
- Kanta Subbarao spoke to Science News about the potential for influenza and COVID-19 to circulate at the same time in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Dale Godfrey was interviewed by The Project regarding the pause of the Oxford COVID-vaccine trial.