In the Media: highlights from Microbiology and Immunology
Our experts from the Dept of Microbiology & Immunology at the Peter Doherty Institute have been at the forefront of COVID-19 breakthrough research and media commentary. Catch up on the latest highlights here.
- Katherine Kedzierska was featured in the 100 Forbes Women (Poland). Read our feature here.
- Damian Purcell was a guest on AM and ABC 24 discussing the new mutant variant of COVID-19 in the UK. Damian was also on ABC 7.30 for a story about vaccines – and he spoke to The Age about virus mutants.
- Dale Godfrey spoke to ABC Regional Radio (listen at 36.50) about COVID-19 vaccines. He also spoke to News GP about the Astra Zeneca vaccine and South China Morning Post about the Sinovac vaccine.
- Norelle Sherry was interviewed by ABC Science for an explainer on genomics testing and spoke to ABC Online about COVID-19 virus mutants.
- Sebastian Duchene spoke to The Weekend Australian on the evolution of COVID-19 in Australia.
You can find out more about our research projects and groups in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology here.