Change to MHP operating days
From mid-September until the start of December 2021, the Melbourne Histology Platform will not be staffed on Fridays.
The implications of this staffing change are as follows:
- No staff will be available to receive samples on Fridays
- There will be no paraffin processing run on a Friday, and samples received for paraffin processing on a Thursday will not be available for embedding until the following Monday morning
- For slides to be stained with the H+E autostainer by the end of a given calendar week, the slides must be received by the Platform by midday on the Thursday
- No lab inductions or instrument training will be conducted on a Friday
- Trained users are still able to book and use instruments and the staining areas on a Friday, but note that no MHP staff will be available to provide support or answer questions (so if you're unsure about how to do something, come in on days when staff are present!)
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact any of the MHP staff. We thank users for their patience and understanding.
Chris Freelance (Platform Manager)