Prof Matt Watt joins stellar symposium lineup
Registrations are open for the first Baker Department of Cardiometabolic Health Symposium.
Professor Matt Watt, head of the Department of Anatomy and Physiology within the School of Biomedical Sciences, will present at the symposium on Wednesday 1 September alongside experts from across the University and the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute.
The program will include stimulating and diverse presentations on metabolomics, proteomics, lipidomics, exercise and cardiometabolic health, and fatty liver disease.
Abstract submissions will be accepted from PhD students and early-career scientists, for a poster session.
When: Wednesday 1 September, 2021
Where: Hybrid Delivery: Bio21 Institute Lecture Theatre, 30 Flemington Rd, Parkville VIC 3052 and Online (subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
Time: 12pm to 5:30pm
You will hear from:
- A/Prof Anna Calkin – Head, Lipid Metabolism and Cardiometabolic Disease, BHDI
- A/Prof Brian Drew – Head, Molecular Metabolism and Ageing, BHDI
- A/Prof Elif Ekinci – Department of Medicine, UoM
- Prof Matthew Watt – Head, Anatomy and Physiology, UoM
- A/Prof David Greening – Head, Molecular Proteomics, BHDI
- Prof Mark Hargreaves – Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), UoM
- Dr Erin Howden – Head, Human Integrative Physiology, BHDI
- A/Prof André La Gerche – Head, Sports Cardiology, BHDI
- Prof Tom Marwick – Director and Chief Executive, BHDI
- Prof Malcolm McConville – Biochemistry and Pharmacology, UoM
- Prof Peter Meikle – Head, Metabolomics, BHDI
- Prof Karlheinz Peter – Head, Baker Department of Cardiometabolic Health, UoM
- Prof John Prins – Head, Melbourne Medical School, UoM
- Dr Laura Vella – Florey Institute, UoM