First in Australia for preclinical sciences
The School of Biomedical Sciences is the leading University teaching and research centre for biomedical sciences in Australia.
Ranking and reputation
The School has contributed to the University of Melbourne's achievement of the following international rankings.
2013-14 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- First in Australia and 16th in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health discipline
- First in Australia and 28th in the world for Life Sciences disciplines
2013 QS World University Rankings by Faculty
- First in Australia and 23 in the world in Life Sciences and Medicine
2013 National Taiwan University Ranking/NTU (formerly the Higher Education Evaluation & Accreditation Council of Taiwan)
- First in Australia and 32 in the world for Life Sciences (Pharmacology/Toxicology)
2013 Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities
- First in Australia and 36th in the world for clinical medicine and pharmacology
Australian Research Councils 2010/11 Excellence in Research (ERA)
- The highest rating of 5 "well above world standard" for Biomedical and Clinical Health Sciences and Biological and Biotechnological Sciences