Welcome from Head of School
Welcome from the Head of School
Fantastic work continues from our researchers being recognised in the news for their published work. To name a few:
- Professor Gary Hime and Professor Leonie Quinn
- Professor Bill Heath
- Hui-Fern Koay, PhD Student co-led by Dr Daniel Pellicci and Professor Dale Godfrey,
- Lung Health Research Centre
- Professor John Furness
Please join me in congratulating Professor Andrew Allen on his appointment as Head of the Department of Physiology; academics promoted to Level D and E and welcoming our new Scientific Operations Officer for Anatomy & Neuroscience and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Joe Pereira, commencing mid January 2017.
Awards and Gifts
Please join me in congratulating the following recipients of prestigious awards in recognition of their hard work and talent: Jim McCluskey, Russell Howard, Erica Fletcher, Kathryn Holt, Katherine Kedzierska, Christine Wells, Laura Mackay, Nicole Dominado, Trevor Kilpatrick, Daniel Hoyer and Olivia Baenziger, as well as all recipients of ARC and NHMRC grants for 2017.
Showcasing our School and Department shared equipment and research initiatives. In this edition we cover the following:
- NEW SBS Early-Mid Career Researchers Association (EMCRA)
- Anatomy Imaging and Posters Unit
- Life Sciences computation resources available for the School
Teaching and Learning
Our great educators organised the following events for lecturers and students which were all very well received:
- Acting Skills Workshop for Lecturers
- Education Research Workshop
- Residential Indigenous Science Experience (RISE) Student Program
One of our Alumni, Dr Amanda Caples, has been appointed Lead Scientist to the Victorian Government.
Our School members have been busy raising funds recently for Muscular Dystrophy Australia ($20,000) and Movember ($6,274).
Note from the editor
If you would like to submit an item for a future edition, please complete the online form.
Alternatively, please contact Fanoula Mouratidis.