In the Media: highlights from Microbiology & Immunology May 2023
Our experts from the Dept of Microbiology & Immunology at the Peter Doherty Institute have been at the forefront of breakthrough research, media commentary and COVID-19. Here are some of the highlights.
DMI media & published research highlights (Apr 2023 - May 2023)
- Dr Timothy Patton and Associate Professor Alexandra Corbett feature in eCancer: COVID vaccine induces robust T cell responses in blood cancer patients | eCancer
- Dr Oanh Nguyen and Professor Katherine Kedzierska lead research findings on the COVID-19 vaccine boosting immunity even in blood cancer patients.
- Covid vax boosts immunity even in blood cancer patients: Study | Indian News
- Hematology patients generate robust immune responses against SARS-CoV-2 after vaccination | News Medical
- Covid vax boosts immunity even in blood cancer patients Study | Daily World (India)
- COVID vaccine induces robust T cell responses in blood cancer patients | eCancer, Medical Xpress, Science Magazine
- COVID vaccine induces robust T cell responses in blood cancer patients | Doherty Institute
- Dr Oang Nguyen - Blood cancer patients generate strong immune response to covid vax | Oncology Republic
- Professor Katherine Kedzierska further also investigates how pregnant women show robust and variable immunity during COVID-19. Read More
- Professor Ben Howden discusses the finding of an antimicrobial resistance gene in imported seafood. Read More
- Dr Caroline van de Sandt discuss how the flu may never be the same, with one of influenza's most mysterious lineages being gone for over three years | The Atlantic
- Professor Tim Stinear publishes ongoing research on the Buruli ulcer.
- Is Buruli ulcer the reason your skin won't heal? And what is it, anyway? | The House of Wellness
- Dr Sarah Londrigan co-leads the discovery in the fight against inflammation in severe COVID-19 cases.
- Discovery in fight against inflammation in severe COVID. | Yahoo News
- Researchers uncover the key to fighting out of control inflammation in severe COVID-19 infection. Read More
- Professor Peter Doherty awarded Honorary Doctorate of Science from multiple institutions, and participated in the "Frontiers of Medicine Summit".
- M.U.S.T. successfully held the 2nd "Frontiers in Medicine Summit" - Advances in Translational Medicine & Drug Development. | Macau University of Science and Technology
- Peter Doherty awarded Doctorate of Science from Western Sydney University. | Western News Twitter