In the Media: highlights from Microbiology & Immunology
Our experts from the Dept of Microbiology & Immunology at the Peter Doherty Institute have been at the forefront of breakthrough research, media commentary and COVID-19. Here are some of the highlights.
DMI media highlights - September to November 2022
- Kanta Subbarao talked to The Age about how the TGA should go about approving 'updated' vaccines for COVID-19 and to Cosmos about nasal-spray vaccine.
- Damian Purcell talked to The Age about approved bivalent vaccine.
- Prof Roy Robins-Browne, Honorary Professorial Fellow, writes for The Conversation discussing antibiotic resistance.
- Dale Godfrey talked on COVID vaccine booster and Novavax with Newscorp. He was quoted on a number of publications, including in the Bulletin Reporter, Geelong Advertiser
- Jason Mackenzie talked to The Age/SMH and ABC RN about the risks associated with the increase of mosquito numbers post-floods.
- Jim McCluskey spoke with the ABC and was featured on the 7.30 report about the legacy of Dr John Gorman, and his research on Rh Disease.
- Chris McDevitt was featured in a Herald Sun article about innovative research in Victoria, speaking about his research in antimicrobial resistance.
- Ash Porter was interviewed on The World (ABC News channel)about new Omicron subvariants and what they mean for Australia.
- Tim Stinear was interviewed on ABC Radio and 3AW about the rise in cases of Buluri ulcers predicted for this summer. He was also quoted in The Age and RNZ.