E-meet a (Biomedical) Scientist 2020
From the lab to the classroom. Meet our experts talking all things biomedical sciences LIVE and ONLINE with high school students as part of National Science Week – 17 to 21 August 2020.
What better way to celebrate National Science Week than by connecting budding high school students with University of Melbourne biomedical scientists!
Through 15–30-minute video calls, our experts – many of whom are global leaders in their research field – will help inspire the next generation of scientists.
Students in Years 9–12 from across metropolitan, regional and rural schools are invited to ask questions about:
- What it’s like to make a major scientific discovery
- How it feels to change the course of a person’s health – and life
- Which career pathways are best for young biomedical scientists
- What are the latest technologies available in modern-day, cutting-edge science laboratories
- Are there research trends, do’s and don’ts to be aware of
- And much more.
The School of Biomedical Sciences will "match-make" experts with participating schools during the week of 17 to 21 August.
Registrations are now open:
|FOR SCHOOLS||FOR EXPERTS|
|To register classes of students who have a passion for science|
|To share your knowledge and career insights|
Meet some of our participating biomedical scientists
Professor Megan Munsie
Dr Michelle Christie
Professor Peter Crack
Dr Nikeisha Caruana
Dr Claire Weekley
Professor Joel Bornstein
Keep up-to-date with the School of Biomedical Sciences through our News and Events.