Mary-Jane Gething connects with 2019 Award recipients
The 2019 MJ Gething Equity Award winners discuss their research with the Award's benefactor, Professor Mary-Jane Gething.
Launched in 2019, the MJ Gething Equity Award supports young researchers working in the biomedical sciences - with a focus on promoting gender equality and opportunities for female scientists.
A total of six Early Career Researchers received the Award last year:
- Dr Kate Murphy, Department of Physiology
- Dr Magdalene Montgomery, Department of Physiology
- Dr Marlene Hao, Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience
- Dr Kathryn Munro, Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience
- Dr Lynette Beattie, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Dr Agnes Wong, Department of Microbiology And Immunology
Prof Mary-Jane Gething with the 2019 recipients of the MJ Gething Gender Equity Award
Professor Emeritus Mary-Jane H. Gething was the Founder of the Gething-Sambrook Family Foundation, which has made this award possible. Mary-Jane is a passionate supporter of and advocate for young female researchers working in the biomedical sciences.
About the MJ Gething Equity Award
The Award program is open throughout the year with applications closing on 30 November 2021.
Grants of up to $5,000 are available to support early career researchers with significant caring responsibilities to maintain research momentum or build their research profile.