Apply now: SBS Translational Research Awards (SBS-TRA)
Applications for the School of Biomedical Sciences Translational Research Awards are now open. Closing date 18 October 2020.
Applications will be evaluated based on the potential to achieve significant health and commercial impact with a number of projects selected to pitch to the Panel.
Four grants of up to $10,000 will be awarded.
- A clearly defined commercial/translational goal with significant potential for future funding by government and/or industry.
- Potential to address an unmet clinical or community need and deliver significant societal impact.
- Project milestones and deliverables that are achievable within 12 months of the start of funding and within the requested budget.
- Demonstrated capacity for excellence in research and innovation.
- Applications are open to salaried researchers within the School from Levels A to E.
- To align our activities with the Faculty, this year’s application is based closely on that used for the 2020 Dean’s Innovation Grant (DIG).
- No HoD sign-off or CV is required.
- Researchers in SBS that submitted applications to the DIG 2020 will automatically have their applications entered into the SBS-TRA - but modified budget reflecting the different funding available for the DIG and SBS-TRA will need to be submitted directly to email@example.com for inclusion.
- SBS applicants awarded funds through the DIG 2020 will be ineligible to receive additional SBS funds through the SBS-TRA 2020.
Please refer to Guidelines for more information.