2015 MDHS Dean’s Award for Excellence in a PhD Thesis - winnersCongratulations to recipients of the 2015 Dean's Award for Excellence in a PhD Thesis.
- Dr Patricia Therese Illing was awarded for her thesis: An abacavir induced change in self-presentation by HLA-B*57:01 causes abacavir hypersensitivity syndrome.
- Dr Christina Qingran Mo was awarded for her thesis: The effects of stress on the onset and progression of Huntington's disease in a transgenic mouse model.
- Dr Katherine Rose Smith was awarded for her thesis: Identifying inherited disease-causing mutations using massively parallel sequencing.
- Dr Aung Ko Win was awarded for his thesis: Cancer risks for people with colorectal cancer-predisposing genetic mutations.
- Dr Zhichao Wu was awarded for his thesis: Novel clinical biomarkers of disease in early stages of age-related macular degeneration.
*Awardees listed in alphabetical order by family name.
Dean's Awards are made to the top-ranked nominees for the Chancellor's Prize for Excellence in a PhD Thesis.
Drs Mo and Win are also recipients of the Chancellor's Prize for Excellence in the PhD Thesis 2015.