Research Project Guide
The Research Project book (PDF) details the research projects that are available for prospective Honours and Masters Students in the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics for 2021.
Prospective PhD or MPhil Students will find the handbook useful as it gives an indication of the diversity of research within the Department.
Find below details of the recording and slides following from the Honours Information Session on Thursday 17 September 4-5 pm. The session gave an overview of the Honours course and presentations from some laboratory heads in Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
There is no audio giving an overview of the session, refer to the slides. The recording commences with Dr Graham Mackay talking about PHRM40002.
Shared Screen With Speaker View (Video) (651.2 MB)
The password for the recording is ReQF5z6y3kq^
Link to the slides here.
How To Apply
- Attend the MDHS DISCOVER RESEARCH Expo and the Department information session.
- Download the Research Project book for a list of prospective projects and supervisors.
- You need to identify a potential project and supervisor from the Research Project Handbook. Read the project description and any recommended publications to ensure that it is the correct choice for you.
- Contact the Laboratory Head of the Research group and provide them with your curriculum vitae (CV) and academic transcript and arrange a meeting to discuss the project in more detail.
- In some cases, supervisors may be willing to offer you a provisional place in their laboratory (a provisional offer indicates that you have a guaranteed place in the Honours course providing you satisfy all of the entry requirements).
For Master of Biomedical Sciences: Apply online through the Master of Biomedical Science website.
For Honours: Prospective students are now able to find Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) via Find a Course website.
Note that Honours applicants who accept and enrol in a place in an FMDHS Honours course will automatically be considered for available FMDHS Honours Scholarships. These are awarded on academic merit.
Honours Coordinator & Master of Biomedical Science Coordinator
A/Prof Christine Wright
Phone (General enquiries): +61 3 9035 7119 (57119 if calling from a landline phone here on campus)
Academic Program Coordinator
Associate Professor James Ziogas