MDHS Discover Research Expo
The MDHS Discover Research Expo has been scheduled for:
Date: Thursday 8 September 2016
Time: 2.00pm to 4.30pm
Venue: Ground Floor - G01, Alan Gilbert Building, Grattan Street.
- Researchers, current Honours and RHD students will be available to answer your questions
- Pharmacology & Therapeutics Masters/Honours 2017 information booklet will be available
2017 Masters/Honours in Pharmacology and Therapeutics Pizza and Posters Information Session
Date: Thursday 22nd September
Time: 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Venue: Pharmacology Practical Class, Room E805, 8th Floor, Medical Building
Research Project Guide
The Research Project book (PDF) details the research projects that are available for prospective Honours and Masters Students in the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics for 2017.
Prospective PhD or MPhil Students will find the handbook useful as it gives an indication of the diversity of research within the Department.
How To Apply
- Attend the MDHS DISCOVER RESEARCH Expo and the Department information session.
- Download the Research Project book for a list of prospective projects and supervisors.
- You need to identify a potential project and supervisor from the Research Project Handbook. Read the project description and any recommended publications to ensure that it is the correct choice for you.
- Contact the Laboratory Head of the Research group and provide them with your curriculum vitae (CV) and academic transcript and arrange a meeting to discuss the project in more detail.
- In some cases, supervisors may be willing to offer you a provisional place in their laboratory (a provisional offer indicates that you have a guaranteed place in the Honours course providing you satisfy all of the entry requirements).
For Master of Biomedical Sciences: Apply online through the Master of Biomedical Science website.
For Honours: Apply online through the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences website.
Note that Honours applicants who accept and enrol in a place in an FMDHS Honours course will automatically be considered for available FMDHS Honours Scholarships. These are awarded on academic merit.
Professor Daniel Hoyer, Dr Graham MacKay and Professor Alastair Stewart
Phone (General enquiries): +61 3 9035 7119 (57119 if calling from a landline phone here on campus)
Academic Program Co-ordinators
Associate Professor James Ziogas
Dr Graham Mackay
Phone: +61 03 8344 3932