Professor Fabienne Mackay
The Department of Pathology is one of the foundation departments within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. The Department employs over 80 EFT on campus and has an annual budget in excess of $6 million. The Department has a strong presence in the University of Melbourne teaching hospitals via the academic pathology units in each hospital, as well as associations with respective research institutes.
The key focus areas for the Department are:
Teaching and Education
- Undergraduate science, optometry, dental, physiotherapy and medical students' courses
- Postgraduate teaching in FRCPA, FRACP programs
- Postgraduate students in BScHons, MSc, MMed, MD and PhD
Advocacy for the Disciplines of Pathology
- Thorough representation at government (Federal and State), Royal Colleges, hospital, specific interest groups and in community forums.
- Major research programs in multiple disciplines including neuropathology and haematology
- Leadership in educational research related to multimedia based learning packages.