- A Guide to PhD committees
- Graduate Student Travel Award
Emma McHugh used the Travel Award to attend the Molecular Parasitology Meeting in Wood’s Hole, USA Estella Newcombe used the Travel Award to attend the Hereditary Disease Foundation “Milton Wexler Celebration of Life” Conference, which was in Boston MA and brought all fields of Huntington’s disease research from around the world together. She presented a poster, got some great feedback and ate lobster for the first time! “Attending this meeting was especially interesting because I hadn’t had much to do with the clinical aspect of Huntington’s Disease, so it was great to put that together with the work we do on the proteins involved.”
The Graduate Student Travel Award application form is available to download here.
- Obtain a quote for your travel costs (e.g. flights, accommodation, conference registration).
- Email the completed form together with the quote (as a pdf or screenshot) to Research Training Coordinator: Justine Mintern.
- Justine will approve your application within 14 days and provide information as to how your funds will be received.
Travel Insurance: Apply at least 7 days prior to departure!
- Go to: http://students.unimelb.edu.au/admin/insurance
- Register for travel insurance
- Nominate your supervisor as Initial Staff Approver, nominate Justine Mintern as Final Staff Approver.
- Graduate Research Hub
This is a University Resource for graduate researchers. There is no specific Departmental information but the Hub does contain a wealth of information and contacts for graduate researchers with a number of guides that include:
- Getting Started
- Roles and Responsibilities Being a Candidate
- Developing my skills
- Making changes
- Preparing my thesis
- Planning my future
- Getting support
Visit the Graduate Research Hub.
Want to go on holiday? Need to take leave? Here is the Department’s policy on leave during your PhD.
- Departmental contacts
PhD & MPhil Students
Dr Justine Mintern - Research Training Coordinator
Phone: +61 8344 2976 (42976 if calling from a landline phone here on campus)
Location: Rm 230 Level 02, Bio21 Institute, Parkville