2015 Seminars - Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
All seminars are held at 12 noon on Wednesdays in the Bio21 Auditorium, unless otherwise indicated.
- 29 Jul: PhD Oration: Ashfaqul Hoque, The University of Melbourne.
Exploring the signalling mechanisms of excitotoxic brain injury.
- 5 Aug: PhD Oration: Kaillin Gian, The University of Melbourne.
Identification of pancreatic CD8+ T cell targets in type 1 diabetes (T1D): A peptidomics perspective.
- 12 Aug: Prof Trevor Lithgow, Monash University.
Host-pathogen interactions depend on the assembly of bacterial integral membrane proteins.
- 19 Aug: PhD Oration: Aliki Rasmiena, The University of Melbourne and Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute.
Assessment of the role of plasmalogen in the modulation of oxidative stress and inflammation in atherosclerosis.
- 21 Aug Friday: PhD Oration: Katherine Skull, The University of Melbourne.
Non-genomic immunoproteomics: how immunology made me a geek.
- 26 Aug: Dr Rommel Matthias, La Trobe University.
Regulation of mitochondrial metabolism by the novel lipoamidase SIRT4: host defence against human cytomegalovirus.
- 2 Sep: Dr Jee Kim, Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health.
A tale of two dopamine receptors: Adolescent vulnerability to anxiety and addiction.
- 9 Sep: Prof James Beeson, Burnet Institute.
Defining targets and mechanisms of immunity to advance malaria vaccine development.
- 16 Sep: Prof Edmund Crampin, The University of Melbourne.
Computational modelling of signalling pathways in heart and skin.
- 23 Sep: A/Prof Natalie Sims, St Vincent's Institute.
Osteocytes: the secret cells of bone and how they control the skeleton.
- 30 Sep: Prof Phillip Bird, Monash University.
Taming the beast: control of cytotoxic proteases by intracellular serpins.
- 7 Oct: Dr Michael Inouye, The University of Melbourne.
The infant airway microbiome, acute respiratory illness and development of asthma.
- 14 Oct: Prof Phillip Robinson, University of New South Wales.
Functional phosphoproteomics and chemical biology of endocytosis in nerve terminals.
- 21 Oct: Dr Sheena McGowan, Monash University.
Targeting the Plasmodium falciparum neutral metallo amino peptidases as novel anti-malarial drug targets.
- 28 Oct: Dr Gemma Kelly, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute.
xploring targeting of MCL-1 for cancer therapy.
- 4 Nov: Prof Robin Anderson, Peter Mac Callum Cancer Center.
BMP4 inhibits metastasis through multiple mechanisms.
- 11 Nov: A/Prof Peter Farlie, Murdoch Institute.
On the restoration of flight in the emu Dromaius novaehollandiae.
- Fri 13 Nov: PhD oration: Adnrew Brown, The University of Melbourne.
Legionella infection: challenging the paradigm of innate immunity.